28 February 2014

Making Automata Again!

It is still too cold to work in my garage but I have so many ideas for automata and need to finish projects that are underway first. I have been braving the cold for short spells and have now almost finished the wooden set for my newest Devil in the Cupboard automaton.

I spent 3 hours today hanging and adjusting little doors! 

21 February 2014

Puppet Progress

My 'Puppet Challenge' puppet is taking shape. I am now hoping that the ogre's head will eventually fit in the girls head!

I couldn't resist making various ogre features 3D. 

After working out the best position, parts were tacked into place before machining.

I used some iron on adhesive to position 2D features.

I have a rough plan of how I want the ogre to look but as I went along I positioned each feature in relation to the ones already in place.

So here is the almost finished result. 
The little girl may need big hair!
I have carved the girl's face in wood to give it a mask like quality.

01 February 2014

Still Experimenting with Embroidery

I love the Policeman.

The rest of the picture needs leaving for a few days and then maybe working into to improve.