22 January 2012

A Stitched Doodle

I began embroidering these characters without an end image in mind.


It is quite big and took a few days so I was really disappointed that the end result looked so horribly twee. A good lesson in how important it is to plan before doing anything. I have been thinking hard how to save it and some bits I like: the flowers and the characters expressions. I think my main dissatisfaction is that it looks a bit too much like something that a machine could make and lacks the freedom of human drawing.
No it is just horribly twee, PLAN before you work!

I have tried dying it in tea to see if it would soften the contrast and bring out some of the lines. Marginally better but still too flat, I do like the dead flower.



1 comment:

Sue Brown said...

One womens twee is another womans...oh my goodness that looks gorgeous. We always think our own work fails to match upwith whats in our head. Love the feet.
XXX